[FWTools] Re: Python 2.4 and Fwtools' OGR Libraries?

Simon Hook simon.j.hook at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Mar 9 02:35:44 EST 2007

Hi Luca,

I asked this question a few weeks ago with respect to fwtools and was
told at present it uses python 2.3. Fwtools uses its own embedded
version of python so you can run other versions of python at the same
time, e.g. 2.4. There are some windows binaries out there for pieces of
Fwtools  e.g.  GDAL,  but they are buggy and not even close to
fwtools.  I do not know if there are any binaries for  the OGR libraries.

Best wishes, S.