[FWTools] OpenEV - gnuplot needs Cygwin lib?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 29 15:14:32 EST 2007

Paul Mallas wrote:
> I recently upgraded to FWTools 2.00 (and then to FWTools 2.01) for
> windows.  For both of these versions, when I start Open EV, I get the
> following message:
>

> Reinstalling the FWTools does not fix this.
>
> I have cygwin on my system, but openev should not depend on this, should
> it?
>
> Anyway, once I hit ok things seem to work fine. This is bit of an
> annoyance though.

Paul,

Is it possible that FWTools is somehow running the wrong gnuplot.exe -
ie. one related to your cygwin installation instead of the one distributed
with FWTools?

I don't *think* the FWTools version depends on cygwin.  I'm not sure why
the behavior would have changed recently unless it has something to do
with the altered openev.bat file (the whole python.exe vs pythonw.exe thing).