[FWTools] error with ArcSDE plugin

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Wed Oct 17 18:44:47 EDT 2007

Hello World,

With fwtools1.3.9 on winxp I get the error message belows, for any gdal
utility command, unless I move gdal_SDE.dll out of the plugins folder
where it can't be found (c:\local\FWTools1.3.9\gdal_plugins). This has
been occuring since at least the 1.3.7.

Any ideas what is going on?

Command issued and console errors:

    C:\> gdalinfo
    ERROR 1: Can't load requested DLL:
    C:\local\FWTOOL~1.9\gdal_plugins\gdal_SDE.dll

    127: The specified procedure could not be found.

    ERROR 1: Can't load requested DLL:
    C:\local\FWTOOL~1.9\gdal_plugins\gdal_SDE.dll

    127: The specified procedure could not be found.

    Usage: gdalinfo [--help-general] [-mm] [-stats] [-nogcp] [-nomd]
                 [-mdd domain]* datasetname

Which is accompanied by popup window errors:

    ---------------------------
    gdal_translate.exe - Entry Point Not Found
    ---------------------------
    The procedure entry point
    ?SerializeToXML at GDALPamRasterBand@@MAEPAU_CPLXMLNode@@PBD at Z
    could not be located in the dynamic link library gdal_fw.dll.
    ---------------------------
    OK
    ---------------------------

    ---------------------------
    gdal_translate.exe - Entry Point Not Found
    ---------------------------
    The procedure entry point
    ?SerializeToXML at GDALPamRasterBand@@MAEPAU_CPLXMLNode@@PBD at Z
    could not be located in the dynamic link library gdal_fw.dll.
    OK

thanks in advance for your kind attention,

--
matt wilkie
Geographic Information,