[FWTools] Gdal_translate "Too many command options"

Brotzman, Karl D. Karl.Brotzman at gd-ais.com
Thu Oct 18 09:03:04 EDT 2007

That was a great clue for me, because I don't see "directional quotes".

I was copying the command string from an MS Notepad document so that I
could "experiment".  When I copy the string from Notepad and paste it
into the shell window I get the message about "Too many command
options".  When I type the command directly into the shell window,
gdal_translate works just fine.  The commands appear identical to me.

Apparently, copy and paste is doing something to the command line.

Problem fixed.  Thank you!

Karl