[FWTools] gdaladdo bigtiff error

jjknoops at netscape.net jjknoops at netscape.net
Fri Oct 26 03:07:31 EDT 2007

I preparing data to be used in mapserver. Now I have tiff files bigger 4 gb. With the bigtiff support I can create tiff from img files. But when I try to add overviews to them I get error:
" ....
ERROR 1: TIFFWriteEncodedTile() failed.
ERROR 1: TIFFAppendToStrip:Maximum TIFF file size exceeded
ERROR 1: TIFFAppendToStrip:Maximum TIFF file size exceeded
ERROR 1: TIFFWriteEncodedTile() failed.
"
I am using fwtools version 1.4.1 for windows XP.

It looks like there is no bigtiff support for gdaladdo. Is my assumption wright? Or did i make an error somewhere?

Is there is no support for bigtiff in gdaladdo what image format works the fastest in combination with mapserver?

Best regards,
Jaap Knoops