[FWTools] PATH Variable set by FWTools Windows Installer

Helmut Schmidt hs089 at arcor.de
Sat Dec 19 13:54:33 EST 2009

Hello,

I think that I have observed a problem with the way the FWTools Windows
Installer is setting the PATH Variable.
I have seen this with FWTools 2.4.6 and also with FWTools 2.4.2 (as part
of the QLandkarteGT 0.16 installation) on two different computers
running Windows XP.

1.) It seems the the User Variable Path is overwritten by the installer,
instead of appending to the existing content
2.) The content which is set is
%FWTOOLS_DIR%\bin;%FWTOOLS_DIR%\python;%PATH%
As result of the %PATH% within, the PATH visble to applications contains
the value of the System Variable PATH twice: one time because of
concatenation of User and System variable, the other time because of the
expansion of the %PATH% in the User variables.

Best Regards,

Helmut Schmidt