[FWTools] gdal_merge color and res issue

james2009 gkenny_2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 12:05:11 EST 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to merge two Geotiff into one. They are a world and US Geotiff
images. It looks fine on layer overlap in OpenEV tool (us show in right area
in world background and in color). But when I try to merge them into one
using gdal_merge.py (FWTools 206 Linux), it become BW and lose lot of res.
Would you please help me out with this issue?

I am looking for a way to automate this process.

Thanks for the help.

Tom