[FWTools] (no subject)

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 11:28:16 EST 2009

2009/7/20  <ernst_meier at gmx.de>:
> Hi,
>
> i want to reproject some CSV-Data with ogr2ogr but i get only the same result as in my input.
>
> Is it possible to reproject CSV to CSV?
>
> Ernst

If it is just ASCII coordinates that you are trying to reproject, I
would suggest that you try cs2cs, which is part of Proj4
http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/

ogr2ogr is looking for a spatial field, or object, in the table, like
the .shp file of a shapefile or the .map file of a MapInfo TAB file. A
CSV list of coordinates is just a list, and as such does not have a
spatial object or field. cs2cs would be a more appropriate tool.

HTH,
--
Richard Greenwood
richard.greenwood at gmail.com