[FWTools] Converting directly a bunch of MapInfo tables into PostGIS

Tahir Tamba tahir54 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 29 16:24:10 EST 2009

Dear list,

I have a bunch of MapInfo tables (.Tab) to upload to PostGIS server and I would like to use ogr2org command to do this in on step. Does this can be done using ogr2ogr command or do I need to right a script to export all the tables in PostGIS??? My second question is how to specify ogr command to to upload tables into a specific schema I've created??? For exemple I try this command and I got an error: ogr2ogr -f "PostgreSQL" PG:"host=myhost schema=myschema user=myusername dbname=mydb password=mypasswd" mydata.tab

Here is the error message:

ERROR 1: PQconnectdb failed.
invalid connection option "schema"

Thank u and regards