[FWTools] need columns from vat.adf

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Nov 11 12:03:34 EST 2009

Naresh Pai wrote:

> Hi,
>       Is there a way to use gdal translate (or other functions) to
> extract values/columns stored in the vat.adf ?

Naresh,

There is no GDAL or OGR driver for directly accessing the vat.adf file.
But for Arc/Info binary vector coverages I think the vat.adf is used
(I might be confused).

The GDAL AIGRID driver will use the vat file to return a raster attribute
table if you call the appropriate methods.  I think gdalinfo on the grid
should report the raster attribute table.