[FWTools] Display or generate Image of ENC file (.000) and retrive some information from that

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 2 12:19:54 EST 2009

Stanley Sentoso wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm very newbie about ENC data. currently i am developing some
> application that need to able to display the ENC file and get
> information about depth area (DEPARE), polygon of depth area. I'm using
> java to develop it.
>
> is there any API,library, tools that i can use to do that ?

Stanley,

GDAL/OGR does not (practically) do conversion of S-57 feature data to raster
(picture) format.  It just provides access to the feature data - the ability
to read it into in memory data structures which an application could then
render in some particular fashion.

Some folks have done this with varying levels of adequacy using MapServer.

   http://www.mapserver.org/

It is also included in FWTools.