[FWTools] ogr2ogr for extracting non-spatial data from ODBC datasource

Simon O'Keefe simon.okeefe at groundtruth.com.au
Thu Sep 3 20:58:44 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm attempting to use ogr2ogr to extract data from a non-spatial
Oracle database and output to a CSV file.

When I enter:
ogr2ogr -f CSV C:\Temp\CGData
ODBC:gissvr/gis123 at pth_prod,gissvr.COMMONGROUND_ADDRESS

I get:
ERROR 1: No column definitions found for table
'gissvr.COMMONGROUND_ADDRESS', layer not usable.

I'm trying to follow the syntax example on the ODBC RDBMS page
(http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_odbc.html), but it says I need to put the
name of a geometry column in brackets after the table name. How can I
get ogr2ogr to recognise the data source as a non-spatial table (ie,
no geometry column)?

I'm running FWTools 2.4.3 on Windows XP Pro SP3

Cheers,

Simon
Simon O'Keefe
Geospatial Systems Developer