[FWTools] ogr2ogr for extracting non-spatial data from ODBC datasource

Simon O'Keefe simon.okeefe at groundtruth.com.au
Mon Sep 7 05:27:57 EST 2009

Hi,

Thanks to Richard for his encouragement. I've now got ogr2ogr to
successfully extract data from a non-spatial ODBC datasource into a
CSV file. I managed to get it to work on an MS  SQL Server datasource,
but I didn't end up figuring out why the Oracle one I mentioned in the
first email wasn't working (I now longer have access to that client's
database).

Here's the syntax I used at my most recent client site (this one did
not require a password):

ogr2ogr -f CSV C:\Temp\Property -overwrite ODBC:Property at Property,Parcel

So it's similar to the example in the ODBC RDBMS documentation, but
simply without the brackets for specifying a geometry column.

I hope this helps other dummies like me.

Cheers,

Simon