[FWTools] gdalwarp always generates GTiffs

Pedro Venâncio pedrongvenancio at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 9 17:01:37 EST 2010

Travis and Frank,

Thank you very much for your help!

My best regards,
Pedro

--- On Tue, 2/9/10, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

Pedro Venâncio wrote:
> gdalwarp -s_srs */ proj_string1/* -t_srs */ proj_string1/* [-r */ resamplig_method/*] */inputfile.ecw  outputfile.ecw/*
>      > I noticed that using gdalwarp with ecw, the resulting files are
>     always
>      > GTiff, even if the command indicates the creation of an ecw, and the
>      > resulting file name appear .ecw (gdalinfo shows that they are
>     GTiffs).
>      > Is this behavior a bug or just a requirement of gdalwarp?

Pedro,

The default output format is GeoTIFF.  There is no autodetection of output
format based on filename extensions.  If you want to produce another output
format you need to specify it with the -of flag.  The ECW format does not
support simple creation (only CreateCopy()) and is not a selectable output
format for gdalwarp.

Best regards,
I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at pobox.com
and watch the world go round - Rush    | Geospatial Programmer for Rent