[FWTools] Convert ASCII file to Arc/Info ASCII Grid

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Thu Mar 11 12:07:17 EST 2010

Hi Cecília,

The aaigrid format is arcinfo's GRIDASCII format, which is not the same
as arcinfo GRIDFLOAT (.flt).

Running gdalinfo on a .flt generated from ArcCatalog RasterToFloat
(v9.3.1) reports "Driver: EHdr/ESRI .hdr Labelled" --
http://www.gdal.org/frmt_various.html#EHdr

However in my tests here I was not able to read a gdal-generated EHdr
image with FloatToRaster. It complained about the BYTEORDER parameter
being missing from the .hdr file. Adding that by hand did not change the
error. Arcinfo Workstation may not be as picky(?)

best regards,

matt wilkie
Geomatics Analyst
Information Management and Technology