[FWTools] FWTools 3.0.8 Experimental Available, build scripts available

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Feb 10 11:34:08 EST 2011

On 11-02-09 06:35 PM, Chris Ryan wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> Is there a how-to for compiling FWTools3 (or at least one with MrSiD LiDAR) on Windows?

Chris,

No, I'm afraid there is no corresponding script suite for FWTools on
Windows, and I'm not sure it will be easy for me to produce new
builds there without substantial additional work.

However, building MrSID LiDAR support on Windows is pretty easy with
GDAL/OGR 1.8 and the MrSID DSDK 8.  See also the information at:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/MrSID