[FWTools] %gdaldem add kernel size option

MORALES MEJIA JULIO JULIO.MORALES at inegi.org.mx
Mon Jan 10 13:25:22 EST 2011

Hi list!

¡¡¡ Happy year 2011 to all !!!

I've been playing with gdaldem for some time, and I think is great.
One think I've been working with is the Topographic Index (TPI). According to literature (Weiss,) a better landform classification can be done by combining to TPI of different scale (kernel size) along with slope map.
But tpi option of gdaldem doesn't allow to specify a kernel sizeso I could have TPI calculated to different neiborhood sizes. I wonder, if I'm not the only one, if this feature could be add in future release of GDAL, I really think that it cuold be a good option.

Thanks in advanced for your helping.

Best regards!

Julio