[FWTools] Thread safety of GDAL - recent information?

Mikael Rittri Mikael.Rittri at carmenta.com
Tue Sep 6 09:15:07 EST 2011

Hello,

I wonder if there is any up-to-date information
about how thread-safe GDAL is.

I have found the http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/FAQMiscellaneous
page, where there is a short paragraph. But the text
seems a bit old, since it refers only to GDAL 1.3.0.
I hoped there might be more information somewhere.

For example, the FAQ text says:

    "Also, while the GDAL core infrastructure is now
     thread-safe for this specific case, only a few
     drivers have been vetted to be thread safe."

So, is there a list of the thread-safe drivers?

Or a blacklist of drivers with known threading problems?

Best regards,

Mikael Rittri
Carmenta
Sweden