[FWTools] MDenoise.exe error

Robert A Brown brown782 at purdue.edu
Tue Apr 8 10:08:29 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----
Hello,

I am trying to run MDenoise.exe in FWTools but get the following error

###
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

MDenoise.exe has stopped working.
A problem caused the program to sop working correctly.
Please close the program.

I Contacted Dr. Sun and he did a google search and found this issue.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884538

I tried to install the hotfix but still encountered the same problem.

I contacted our Technology services and they tried to help diagnose the issue but said the problem seems to be coming from the application. So I uninstalled and reinstalled FWTools but again encountered the same problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!