[FWTools] converting mr sid in UTM to GeoTiff in County Coordinates

Mark Volz MarkVolz at co.lyon.mn.us
Fri Aug 29 08:54:53 EST 2014

Richard and others,

I think I am close to projecting using gdal, but I am having issues with the to srs parameter.  I first tried to supply to srs code, which I thought should work because the code 103749 is defined in c:\ms4w\proj\nad\epsg, and works in my mapserver applications.  Next, I tried to supply the Proj.4 definition.  That did not work either.  In both cases I received the following error:  Option -t_srs incomplete, or not recognised. Please let me know if there is a type-o in the following commands.

gdal_translate -a_srs epsg:26915 -t_srs espg:103749 -CO TILED=YES -CO PHOTOMETRIC=YCBCR -CO TFW=YES -CO COMPRESS=JPEG -CO BIGTIFF=YES ortho_1-1_1n_s_mn081_2013_1.sid lin13.tif

gdal_translate -a_srs epsg:26915 -t_srs "+proj=lcc +lat_1=44.25 +lat_2=44.58333333333334 +lat_0=44.19555555555555 +lon_0=-95.85000000000001 +x_0=152400.3048006096 +y_0=30480.06096012192 +a=6378559.758 + b=6357173.65471281 +units=ft +no_defs" -CO TILED=YES -CO PHOTOMETRIC=YCBCR -CO TFW=YES -CO COMPRESS=JPEG -CO BIGTIFF=YES ortho_1-1_1n_s_mn081_2013_1.sid lin13.tif

p.s.  I noticed that “recognised” is either misspelled or possibly another English variant of the “recognized”

Sincerely,
Mark Volz, GISP
Lyon County GIS Coordinator
504 Fairgrounds Rd<https://www.google.com/maps/?daddr=504%20Fairgrounds%20Rd,%20Marshall,%20MN%2056258?z=6>