[Geotiff] Geotiff creation in Java

Anselm Schmieder aschmieder at intermaptechnologies.com
Mon Nov 15 10:07:31 EST 2004

I would like to create geotiff images with my code in java.
Currently, I use the Java Advanced Imaging and my tiff creation looks
like this:

java.io.File imgDir = new java.io.File(tmpDir);
java.io.File imgFile = java.io.File.createTempFile("imf",".tif",imgDir);
javax.imageio.ImageIO.write(map.getImage(),"tif",imgFile);

I can also retrieve coordinate information etc. necessary to write these
geokeys/tags into the header to make a geotiff out of it.

I found Niles Ritters geotiff-jai.jar at SourceForge, but I could not
find any documentation
like an object model doc about it.

How can I use it? Has anybody an example code to create a geotiff in
Java?

Thanks,

Anselm

Anselm Schmieder
GIS Development and Administration
Intermap Technologies GmbH
Muenchner Str. 20
D-82234 Wessling
Germany
Tel.:  ++49 8153 889 250
Fax:  ++49 8153 889 101
email: aschmieder at intermap.com
web: www.intermap.com <http://www.intermap.com/>

PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

The information in this email is intended for the named recipients only.
It may contain privileged and confidential information.  If you have
received this communication in error, any use, copying or dissemination
of its contents is strictly prohibited.  Please erase all copies of the
message along with any included attachments and notify Intermap
Technologies or the sender immediately by telephone at the number
indicated on this page.