[Geotiff] DEM in a GeoTIFF

Mike mek at thirtytwopaws.com
Mon Nov 22 18:53:34 EST 2004

Thanks, that appears to work at doing the conversion but it appears
the the user needs to know that it is a DEM.  Also, vertical units
aren't encoded in any way as far as I can see.

I know that TIFF and GeoTIFF are really just encoding the data.  I'm
just surprised that there isn't a standard GeoTIFF tag/key for
indicating the nature of the data.  Am I missing something?

--Mike