[Geotiff] ModelPixelScaleTag

Grissom, Ed ed.grissom at intergraph.com
Tue Sep 7 18:01:33 EDT 2004

Pascal -

Perhaps our disagreement is over the term "georeferencing".  I am more of a
programmer than a GIS expert, so it is possible that I am using the term
incorrectly.

GeoTIFF'ers --

what is the definition of Georeferencing ?
If tie-points do not georeference an image, what term should I be using
instead  ?

Also, I don't believe that the spec mandates application behavior.  You did
say "should" in the two cases quoted below, but if you meant "must" I would
have to disagree.

> > > should warn clearly the user.
> > >
> > > On the other side, producers should not use the three tiepoints

I agree that they should, but would not agree that it is required by the
spec.

--
ed grissom
ed.grissom at intergraph.com