[Geotiff] Problem to install Geotiff library

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Fri Apr 29 14:54:36 EDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 03:26:59PM -0300, Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha wrote:
> Hello all, I am trying to install the geotiff 1.1.2 for using on mapserver
> and 2 errors appears.
> One on the middle of the checking messages and the last message.
> Could anyone tell me where the error could be ?
>
> The lines are listed above:

> checking zlib.h presence... yes
> checking for zlib.h... yes
> checking for jinit_compress_master in -ljpeg... no
> checking for TIFFOpen in -ltiff... no
> configure: error: failed to link with -ltiff to find TIFFOpen

Ezequias,

You should install development part of the libtiff package (the one
called libtiff-dev or something like, the exact name depends on your
operating system distribution). This package contains the header files
and static libraries required to build the geotiff library.

Best regards,
Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5970603  ICQ# 26871517