[Geotiff] Problem when reading a geotiff bitmap from QUICKBIRD

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 6 17:03:08 EDT 2006

Pascal.MAHIEUX at fr.thalesgroup.com wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I'm actually using the version v1.1.4 of the GEOTIFF lib with the
> version v3.5.7 of the TIFF lib.
>

> With these libraries I can't read the GEOTIFF QUICKBIRD bitmap provides
> by digital globe company. The colormap seems not to be read correctly,
> all colors are black.
>

> Are you aware of this problem?
>

> Is there a more recent version of the library which would correct this
> problem?

Pascal,

Photometric problems are not necessarily on topic for this list but it is
a good audience.

I'd suggest you provide a tiffinfo report on the file in question if you
want a good response.  I suspect it is a 16bit image and that you are
accessing it via the RGBA interface which scaling to 8bit not generally
suitable for satellite images.  But that's guess work without more
information about the image, and what functions in libtiff you are calling.