[Geotiff] clip out image from within a geotiff

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 15:53:59 EST 2006

Hi,

I have a geotiff file which is rectangular but the actual image is irregular
in shape and is surrounded on the outside by solid black.  Since I have no
need to display the outside black part of the file I would like to clip this
out.  I have already brought the geotiff file in ArcMap and drawn the
outline of the image that I want to keep to a shape file.  So I have the
shape file and also the coordinates of that shape of the image that I want
to keep.
How can I clip out the image using either the shape file or the coordinates
as input to this geotiff?

Thanks,

--
John J. Mitchell