[Geotiff] Rotate a geotiff

Peter Horton p.horton at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jan 13 05:44:29 EST 2008

Hi,

I have a registered geotiff (ie it loads up in a correct real world
coordinate position in a GIS).  However, it displays with N being to
the right.  I would like to rotate the image left by 90 degrees such
that N was up.

Is there a way of going this so that a new geotiff is automatically
created with revised registration (ie it will again load up in a
correct real world coordinate position in a GIS)?

It is easy to rotate the image 90 degrees in any image editor - the
issue is creating revised header information.