[Geotiff] Problems with raster image

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jun 18 12:49:38 EDT 2008

Germán,

This is likely not the right list for this topic.

I would suggest taking it up on the MapServer or GDAL lists.

The information below does not tell us anything about the structure
of the file.  I'd suggest you capture a "gdalinfo -stats image_1.tif"
output report when you ask again on one of the suggested lists.

Basically, I'd like to know if the file is a special data type
(floating point etc) or is just normal 8bit data which needs
a contrast stretch.

Best regards,