[Geotiff] Images vs DEMs in GeoTiff

Nagle, Gail A (US SSA) gail.nagle at baesystems.com
Wed Jun 25 23:31:30 EDT 2008

Frank,

Thank you for the clarification. Given the fact that there are many
types of raster data and the increasing use of automation to process
data, are there any plans to revise the GeoTiff standard to allow the
creator to specify how to interpret the data stored in a GeoTIFF file?
At the moment, a reader, computer or human, must guess.

Thanks,
-Gail