[Geotiff] Relationship Between Model Tie Point and Raster Space

David Burken dburken at comcast.net
Fri Oct 31 09:29:35 EDT 2008

Clint,

Elevation is usually interpreted as "PixelIsPoint". There is usually an
overlap pixel; hence 1201, 3601. So for instance in dted and srtm with a
one degree cell with 1 arc post spacing you have a post on both
longitude and latitude lines. If it were area, it would edge to edge and
you would only have 3600 post for 1 arc second instead of 3601.

Hope that helps,
Dave