[Geotiff] GeoTIFF Model/Transform help

Moore, Dave M (UK Rochester) Dave.M.Moore at baesystems.com
Tue Mar 2 08:39:27 EST 2010

Hi All,
I need some help creating a GeoTiff file. Basically, I've got a bitmap
which exists over the polar region. I think that a CT_PolarStereographic
setting is required to handle this, but I'm having problems with
tiepoints and defining the projection model.

Basically all I know is the lat/long of the opposite corners of the
image. The first problem is the model definition. A ModelGeographic
model suggests to me that the tiepoint coordinates needs to be lat/lng
values (which is OK), but that the image has edges of constant of lat or
long, which this polar image doesn't. Also, it seems no possible to have
a PolarStereographic transform within a Geographic Model?. I could use
ModelTypeProjected, but this suggests that I would need to know the
metres/pixel value which I don't. What is the correct model?.

I can find very few GeoTIFF library examples.

Any comments or suggestions are gratefully received.

Thanks,
Dave