[Geotiff] Converting BMP+LatLon to GeoTiff

Pete Flugstad pete.flugstad at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 23:55:58 EST 2010

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
>  gdal_translate abc.bmp -a_ullr -180 -90 -135 -45 -a_srs WGS84 abc.tif

Heh - that's exactly what I did.  It gave me the listgeo output I showed -
no tie points, which is what OpenMap seemed to be looking for.  Or something -
I didn't spend a lot of time debugging.

Instead, using the OpenMap WorldFile Image code as a template, I created
classes to simply read the bmp/wif files in a manner similar to how the
WorldFiles are read - seems to work just fine.

It's for internal use right now, but I'll check into contributing this
code back.

Thanks,
Pete