[ka-Map-users] RE: CVS imageformat && wms connectors

Steve Benzo steve_benzo at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 12:01:37 EST 2005

Paul,

 I get that you can request the layer in whatever projection (SRS/EPSG) you specify in wmsLayer.js. The problem is (unless I'm missing something), requesting an extent/bbox in not-lat/lon (which happens when you're using a projected projection) returns an error or nothing from the server (they expect lat/lon?). Assuming that, I was presuming that we would just have to convert the bbox from projected to lat/lon to get a valid image back?

Paul Spencer <pspencer at dmsolutions.ca> wrote: more on this ... it would be really nice to have the wmsLayer
automatically pick up the map projection.  This probably isn't that
tricky to add, as long as the output projection at the MAP level is
set and is an epsg code.  This would be a change in init.php ... I'm
not likely to attempt this soon, so if you give it a shot, lemme know
if it works and I can add to cvs :)