[ka-Map-users] <kein Betreff>

Jacob Delfos jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Tue Jul 5 21:21:44 EDT 2005

Paul,

The version handling is something that must be in the url, maybe as a number behind the layername, with a rare delimeter (e.g. drainage~03). This avoids the browser caching issue.

When the application initialises, something must determine whether a new version is to be used. Maybe this could be specified in the mapfile somewhere, on an individual layer basis. We actually already use a "lastupdate" metadata attribute, for other purposes. This could be read in init.php, line 72 somewhere. If the version number is to be increased, it can read the previous version number from a version text file (once only on initialisation) or also from the metadata, delete the outdated tiles, and add the new version number to the layername in the url's.

I may have a look at implementing this, if I can find time.....

regards,

Jacob