[ka-Map-users] browser specific issues in kamap > 0.1.1

Ed Cooley ecooley at strategy5.com
Sat Jul 16 00:01:57 EDT 2005

The panning and double click delays in ie seem to have been taken care
of with release 0.2.0.  Some problems still exist in firefox (I haven't
tested safari yet).    The panning waits until the mouse is released to
move.  The sliding of the map when double clicked is not smooth, jumps
about  second or so until centered as required.

ka-map 0.1.1  and > still have a problem in  ie and safari when a
non-standard port is used which is releated to how the browsers return
SERVER_HOST variable.  In firefox the port is never part of the
SERVER_HOST environment variable.  In IE and Safari the port is in both
the SERVER_HOST and SERVER_PORT variables.  Fix would be in init.php
starting at line 115.

<     if (isset($_SERVER['SERVER_PORT']) && $_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'] != '80')
<         $szURL .= ":".$_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'];
---
 >     if (!strpos($szURL,':')) {  // check to make sure port is not
already in SERVER_HOST variable
 >       if (isset($_SERVER['SERVER_PORT']) && $_SERVER['SERVER_PORT']
!= '80')
 >           $szURL .= ":".$_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'];
 >     }

Ed