[ka-Map-users] Configuring Ka-map to use different .map files

Robert Aldridge bamarob55 at yahoo.com
Thu May 26 11:12:06 EDT 2005

First off, WOW!  I can envision Ka-map being an
awesome base for developing applications.  Since I
didn't want to mess with my current mapserver install,
I went to maptools.org and installed fgs, gmap-demo,
and the ka-map module.  Works like a charm!  I can
browse to http://localhost:8080/ka-map/ and everything
works great.

Now, I'd like to try it with some of my existing map
files.  For instance, what would it take to get the
itasca.map working in ka-map?

I tried copying itasca folder to $FGS_HOME/apps (i.e.
'cp -r /var/www/itasca $FGS_HOME/apps/itasca'), and
adding the itasca.map to the $aszMapFiles array in
$FGS_HOME/apps/kamap-0.1.1/htdocs/config.php, but when
I hit http://localhost:8080/itasca/, I get a
JavaScript Application error window that states:

Warning:[MapServer Error]: getString(): Parsing error
near (none):(line 73) in
/home/myhome/fgs/apps/kamap-0.1.1/htdocs/init.php on
line 44

Warning: Failed to open map file
../../itasca/itasca.map in
/home/myhome/fgs/apps/kamap-0.1.1/htdocs/init.php on
line 44

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object
in /home/myhome/fgs/apps/kamap-0.1.1/htdocs/init.php
on line 62

Are there any instructions available yet on running
ka-map with custom .map files?  Or, any input from
some of you that have successfully done this?

Thanks,

Robert