[ka-Map-users] ka-map with PHP as a CGI vs. DSO?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue May 31 17:16:09 EDT 2005

Paul,

I have looked into using mod_rewrite and an apache ErrorDocument cgi. I
think this will be straight forward to do, but the javascript will need
to put the MetaTileID on the request url so it can be picked up my
mod_rewite regex. It doesn't look like the group/layer info is being
passed to the tile.php url via the javascript which is fine for my
purposes, but you would need to pass that also if you want mod_write to
pick it up. These extra parameters can be ignored by tile.php

Once I get the MetaTileID calculated in javascript and added to the url,
I should be able to give it a try. If it works I'll see if I can run
some timing tests on it.

-Steve