[ka-Map-users] Precache problem

Randy Page randy_page at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 10:50:47 EST 2005

Hi Jan,

I have been routinely clearing my browser cache while chasing this problem,
but it hasn't helped.

When comparing the directory structure created on the fly and by precache, I
get the exact same structure.  For example:

NC\3000000\__base__\def\t-3000l-10000\<...image files>

The only difference is the png files from precache are blank (appear to have
no layers turned on.)

To simplify things, I am using a mapfile with only one layer, which I have
included at the end of this email.

So far I am totally baffled.

Thanks,

Randy

<Below: call to tile.php from precache.php>

file_get_contents("http://maps1:8080/ka-maps/tile.php?s=$scale&t=".($metaMin
Y + $j*$mapHeight)."&l=".($metaMinX +
$k*$mapWidth)."&map=".$szKey."&g=__base__") ;

<Below: mapfile>

NAME TEST1
STATUS ON
SIZE 600 600
SYMBOLSET "symbols/symbol.sym"
FONTSET "fonts/fonts.list"
EXTENT -85.0 33.43 -74.8 36.93
UNITS DD
IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
WEB
   IMAGEPATH 'tmp/ms_tmp/'
   IMAGEURL  '/ka-map/mapfile/tmp/ms_tmp/'
END
LAYER
    NAME "States"
    STATUS ON
    CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
  	CONNECTION "user=Administrator dbname=tiger host=maps1"
  	DATA "the_geom from states"
	FILTER "state_fips='37'"
    TYPE POLYGON
    TOLERANCE 1