[ka-Map-users] IE refresh

Joe Franklin traderboy at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 12:15:14 EDT 2005

This isn't a fix, but it seems to work if you use
setTimeout for the trigger in
kaMap.prototype.selectMap

//commented out:
//this.triggerEvent( KAMAP_MAP_INITIALIZED,
this.currentMap );

//replaced with
window.setTimeout(function(){
myKaMap.triggerEvent(KAMAP_MAP_INITIALIZED,
myKaMap.currentMap);},1000);

> Hi, folks:
>
> Has anybody nailed down (or noticed) an IE bug when
you hit Refresh?  I
> downloaded the latest ka-map CVS and ran it against
the gmap data, and the
> problem still exists.  The scales select doesn't get
populated and the
> legend and reference areas are blank.  The main map
does draw, however.
> What is odd, still, is that if I leave the confused
IE window open and open
> another instance, everything works fine, refresh and
all.

> We're not using _SESSION vars that I could look into
setting are we?  What
> would be the difference between opening a brand new
window and simply