[ka-Map-users] Installing, mostly there...

Clark Endrizzi cendrizzi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 14:02:48 EDT 2005

Hi, I picked up Ka Map yesterday and almost have it working.

First I compiled the dynamic linking library. All went well and it is
working according to PHPInfo().

Next I'm trying to install the demo map server with the gmap75.map file. I
downloaded it and have the config file referencing it correctly and navigate
to the page. It all works except the actual map part (the mini map is
working along with the side menu). I get this message in my error log
constantly:
 *[14-Sep-2005 11:50:01]* PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function on a
non-object in /var/www/html/KaMap/tile.php on line 203
 *[14-Sep-2005 11:50:01]* PHP Warning: [MapServer Error]: drawTIFF(): TIFF
support is not available. in /var/www/html/KaMap/tile.php on line 202
 *[14-Sep-2005 11:50:01]* PHP Warning: [MapServer Error]: msDrawMap():
Failed to draw layer named 'bathymetry'. in /var/www/html/KaMap/tile.php on
line 202

Is the Tiff error from gd? I'm using CentOS 4 (copy of RHES 4) and I'm
thinking that either I'm not sure what the fatail error is. On the page this
is the line:

$oImg->saveImage($szMetaImg);

Anyway, if you can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate
it.

Thanks,

--
-Clark Endrizzi