[ka-Map-users] Same API, but map images instead of tiles

David Bitner osgis.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 14:07:57 EDT 2005

Frankly, I have one use for which what Steve W's approach would be genius.
If you could have all your static layers which are going to be cached once
and rarely if ever change, then for folks who have layers that are time
specific or are changing day to day, then just drawing those for the screen
without any kind of cacheing would be great.

The behaviour to the end user would be transparent since ka-map hides all
but the base layers during dragging so if we had a mouseup event that fired
off a request just for the one dynamic layer (think weather, vehicle
locations, flight tracks ...) you would get the instant feedback that makes
ka-map wonderful without being limited to datasets that play well with that
type of interface.

David