[ka-Map-users] ASP .NET...

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Apr 3 13:48:39 EDT 2006

Bruno Maluche wrote:
> Hello ... I already have a AJAX based application with ASP .NET C#...
> I´d like to use ka-map PAN STYLE with tiles....
> Is there any way to do that 'easily' ?? Someone already tried that??

I guess that depends on what you want to do. Some options:

1) do mapping with ka-map in an iframe
2) have you existing AJAX application include ka-map code and add php
code to generate maps
3) rewrite the back-end to use C#/mapscript
etc.

'easily' probably use the iframe

otherwise, you need to:

o integrate ka-map javascript code with your existing application
o generate tiles on server using PHP/mapscript
o generate tiles on server using C#/mapscript ( you have to port php to
C#, and C#/mapscript is still bleeding edge).

-Steve