[ka-Map-users] layer visibility control

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Apr 4 07:59:49 EDT 2006

Bahi,

this is more appropriate for the mapserver-users mailing list.  In
any case, you control layer visibility by adding minscale/maxscale to
either layers or classes inside layers.

For information on layer objects,

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/layer

You may also find this useful:

http://umn.mapserver.ch/index_en.php

You should note that because ka-Map uses fixed scale values for
zooming, you can easily pick scale values (between the ka-Map ones)
for your minscale/maxscale.

For instance, if you have 4 scales in your application:

1000000, 500000, 250000, 100000

and you want a layer to turn on for only 250000, 100000 then that
layer would have:

maxscale 250001 #or any value up to 499999

and if you wanted a layer to turn on only for 1000000, 500000 then
that layer would have

minscale 499999 #or any value down to 250001

and if you wanted a layer to turn on only for 500000, 250000 then
that layer would have

maxscale 500001 #or any value up to 999999
minscale 249999 #or any value down to 250001