[ka-Map-users] Help, I'm getting some image weirdness

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Apr 4 09:13:45 EDT 2006

Paul Spencer wrote:
> Steve,
>
> I had the same problem.  It turns out that the tiling code in  tile.php
> tries to allocate a transparent colour from the background  color of the
> mapfile.  When tile.php loads/slices/saves the tiles,  some portion of
> the text becomes transparent resulting in this  effect.  Try changing
> your background color in your map file or (if  you are not using groups)
> removing the line that assigns a  transparent colour index.

Yeah, I figured it out while I was sleeping that the problem was that
the map object has TRANSPARENCY ON so I can do the AA stuff. Commenting
out the two lines with transparency setting stuff in tile.php fixed the
problem.

This issue should get fixed in tile.php maybe by setting some metadata
in the map object to control this.

> Cheers
>
> Paul
>
> PS did you change the hardness factor for antialiasing?  what did you
> change it to?

I used the default and it looks very nice. have you gotten better
results by fiddling with the value?

-Steve