[ka-Map-users] Scroll wheel zoom

David Badke dbadke at uvic.ca
Thu Apr 13 18:47:10 EDT 2006

It would be nice if there was a way to disable the default scroll wheel
action (zoom in/out), or better yet, define one's own action, without
having to modify kaMap.js or kaTool,js. My test users objected to the
zooming - they kept doing it by accident - so I had to disable it,
meaning I changed kaMap.js, which I don't like to do. My code is a bit
crude: :-[

In kaMap constructor, added:

     this.useScrollWheel = true;

Changed kaMap_onmousewheel to:

    if ((this.useScrollWheel) &&                         <------------
          (this.kaMap.currentTool)) {
       this.kaMap.currentTool.onmousewheel( e );
    }

In startUp.js myOnLoad added after myKaMap instatiation:

    myKaMap.useScrollWheel = false;

This works, but is not ideal. Anyway, any interest in making the scroll
wheel action optional and/or configurable?

David

--

David Badke
Humanities Computing and Media Center