[ka-Map-users] Map scal in config.php.

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Sat Apr 22 09:26:11 EDT 2006

Ed,

the scales you provide can be from 1 to n ... I have a map file with
16 scales for instance.  The scales you choose need to be appropriate
to your data and you application.  For looking at the whole world, a
scale of 1 to 100 million (100000000) down to 1:1 million (1000000)
might be appropriate for vmap0 data (which has a resolution of
1:1000000).  For a street level application, you might be working
from 1:250000 down to 1:2500.

You need to tinker with the scales to get the best look for your
application

Once you know what scales you want, you will also likely want to
tweak your map file for those particular scale ranges so you get the
best looking maps at each of your scales.