[ka-Map-users] making object in map clickable while in navigator mode?

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Aug 17 07:41:25 EDT 2006

Donal,

you can add point data using:

var img = document.createElement('img');
img.src = 'images/marker.png';
img.style.cursor = 'help';
img.onclick = markerClicked;

//note you only need one drawing canvas normally, but you can use
more than one
var canvas = myKaMap.createDrawingCanvas(1000);

myKaMap.addObjectGeo(canvas, x, y, img);

function markerClicked() {
     alert('clicked a marker');
}

You don't need to be in query mode to interact with basic overlays
like this.

(note code untested)