[ka-Map-users] Ballistic Zoom / Continuos Zoom

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Tue Aug 29 12:19:00 EDT 2006

Hi everybody,
me and Andrea arrived at a certain point of the Ballistic Zoom
implementation:

http://www.ominiverdi.org/ka-map/temp/gonfi-ka-map/htdocs/

It will be probably included in ka-Map soon or later depending on the
interest of the community.

The code "will" allow a user to set up a LAYER METADATA value named
"ballistic" to choose the layer to be zoomed continuously:

LAYER
	METADATA
		"ballistic" "true"
	END
END

This system should allow to choose only a ballistic layer or none.
In the second case the zoom will remain as it is right now.

We are actually developing the clickAndZoom function to center and
zoom on single click on the map. Then we'll have only to refine (I
guess).

There are still some bugs but the feature start to be interesting.

The code is not yet proper to be put in the CVS and for this you'll
have to wait.

Any help in debugging will be appreciated.

ciao
Lorenzo