[ka-Map-users] PNG tiles created without transparency

Ehud Shabtai eshabtai at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 07:21:26 EST 2006

On 2/22/06, Tyler Mitchell <tjm at timberline.ca> wrote:
> I'm finally getting back to my 'transparency' problems when using 24bit
> PNG and multiple group layers.  My cached images do not have any
> transparency, even though it is specified in my map config - instead the
> 'background' is black.

It works fine for me without setting anything special. My IMAGETYPE is
set to PNG24.
Setting the imageformat in the METADATA of a layer also works fine -
make sure you use capital letters: PNG24

> I also think this is not related at all to the PNGHack issues, is it?  I
> am currently only testing and checking using Firefox.  Will deal with IE
> after I get this working FF first.

Although my PNG shows fine under FireFox, I couldn't get it to work
under IE. The PNG hack code in ka-map is currently broken and doesn't
even get called. I tried to enable it but that didn't help much.

Ehud.