[ka-Map-users] IE broken images

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Thu Jan 5 21:49:33 EST 2006

Jacob -

Some quick Googling shows that other users have reported this
10,000-setting symptom, but without explanation.  Some of the posts are
several years old.  It's possible that some third-party Internet
"optimization" or "security" software tweaks it when installed.

But why should that setting crash your server?  That setting ALLOWS your
client to create up to 10,000 connections, but doesn't REQUIRE it to.
Your client is presumably capable of generating a few dozen simultaneous
requests in a typical kaMap situation.  If your server can't handle
that, then perhaps something else is the problem, too.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.